Thursday, August 11, 2011

What Now?

Have you ever had an expierience that is indescribable, especially while you're in the midst of it? But then afterwards- you don't know what to do with it? I seem to have a lot of these.
     A little over two weeks ago I set off on an adventure. One that I felt as if I was blindfolded on. This is because I had no idea of what to expect or of what I would be doing and expieriencing. This was really hard for me because personally, I like control and I like to know what i'm going to be doing. Furthermore, I wasn't exactly the best of friends with anyone on this trip so I really didn't have anyone to cling to. I felt as if I was the new girl at a school of people who have been friends since kintergarten. I put on a forged face of "this is all fine, I know you all and I wanna be your best friend." However, in reality I was timid and nervous. So, on July 25th I sucked it up, I put on my big girl pants and climbed on a plane to Ethiopia- a world of the unknown.
   I'll save all the stories for a later blog, but... in short- my heart has been transformed and is now a new thing to me. Something that I am having difficulties figuring out myself. Returning has been difficult becaue I don't know what to do. I feel as though I expierienced all of that but now i'm coming home and living life as I did before. Which is the hard part, because that isn't what I wanted to happen. Which is why I've started this blog- To share what i'm doing with what I learned, with what I saw, herd and lived in Ethiopia. In addition to what God is doing with all of that, and where He brings me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment